TGIF, Friends! This week has been incredibly busy between deadlines at work, and evening commitments after work. Some highlights for the week include Yelp’s Cincy Made at Urbana Cafe and volunteering (then indulging later) at my favorite Cincinnati fundraiser, Taste of the NFL. I’ll have full recaps on both those events coming at ya next week but I thought I’d share 5 food and fitness tidbits from my week so you can get a glimpse of how I’ve managed to find balance amidst the chaos!
- I made it two times to P/E class at the Blue Ash Recreation Center. Every time I go, I realize how much I miss having the time to attend all 5 early AM classes. Per usual, Andrew designed some killer workouts, and my hamstrings definitely felt it yesterday when I tried to run.
- Taste of the NFL! I love that I’m on the volunteer list for this event. Not only do I get to support a great cause, but I get to taste some of Cincy’s best eats. I think the last time I felt that full was Thanksgiving dinner. Standouts for me were obviously the dishes that included donuts, but more to come on that next week 🙂
- Yelp’s Cincy Made at Urbana Cafe was a winner in my book. I love supporting local business, especially those with coffee, so learning the history behind the business and getting to taste some of their menu offerings was a real treat.
- After a week of indulging, I was in major need of something green. It’s rare that I crave kale–those who know me best know it’s not a favorite food of mine–but when I saw the kale salad in the cafe at work today, I knew it would hit the spot. Paired this salad up with some hummus and wheat crackers. Perfect satisfying, healthy lunch.
- A patient told me yesterday, “God gave us taste buds for a reason.” Couldn’t agree more. Food is meant to be enjoyed and every now and then, we may have a week where we overindulge, but finding balance and getting back on track is the real key to staying on the healthy lifestyle wagon.
What are your taste buds planning to enjoy this weekend? A new recipe? A new restaurant? A favorite food?